Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What Really Happened

Forest couldn’t believe it! He looked at that ”2008 BOCCE CHAMPION” trophy filled with marbles and with a chuckle asked, “what, did you win?” OHHH YEAHH! WE WON!!! Pinch me! It was like being the under dog team in a movie! The Mighty Ducks or Miracle, yeah that’s it, definitely, a MIRACLE! All we had hoped for was our tiny pasta, and maybe a chance at the insult prize. Ha, Mark pulled out his index card and let a few loose and I said Fugheddaboudit!! But never in our wildest dreams did we think we’d snag the GRAND PRIZE, no way!

Now, I know there have been some, lets say “Untruthiness” going around out there, Godfather, beer buying and such, and I want to take the time to get it cleaned up. This is what went down on those bocce courts. Under Dog Team “B”, completed the first round with 2 wins - 1 loss, not to shabby! What happen next was paranormal!

Game 1 in the finals, “The Graffer’s”, and Rick spouting “lets go for a shut out Ter!” Something took control of Team B’s hands. I watched that bocce ball leave my fingers in slow motion and roll to the pallino. HA, HA, non questa notte (not this night) Graffer’s!

Game 2, Arrivano I guai! (here comes trouble!) Mary and Liz “Rothchild”. It was during this game that I first noticed something curious! Did you all see it, the light in the sky? It looked like lighting, but it was something else. With the ”thunderous cheers” in our ears coming from the “A Teams” i tifosi (fans) in the next court, our bocce ball once again made its slow journey to the cute little pallino! AMMAPPA! (WOW!)

So there we were, the all round loser team in The Final Game, the sky still flashing! (or was that Pat’s camera?) Frank saw it too! A few of the fans on the side were making “old” remarks of some kind. The game was tense. I had the bocce in my hand, this would be the make-or-break throw and that’s when I heard it, the voice, the “Bocce Goddess” I think, shouted, “let it roll honey”! (or maybe that was Ellen?) Anyway the bocce left my fingers, rolled down the court right up to that cute little old pallino again!! The rest is history that will remain on that BOCCE CHAMPION” trophy cup forever, right under the Roths! HOW SWEET IT IS!! And THAT is what really happened! Capire?

Vedervi il prossimo anno.

1 comment:

Chattypatty said...

Hahaha!! Ahhhh.....so that's how it happened. It was a SUPERNATURAL event. Yes! I felt it too. There was lightening all around in the distance. I did feel the prickly presence of the Goddess of Bocce. Plus, ALL the stars were perfectly aligned....the Godfather, the beer, the MAGIC. Ah so. Well, Chris, you and Frank will forever be remembered as GREAT champions.

Good story, well told!