Sunday, July 5, 2009

If Q-Tip Woman Can Do It, Why-O-Why Can't I?


Look at that!! Q-Tip Woman (my own personal self-portrait) is doing it.....Warrior Two Pose. She knows what's good for her and everytime I look up there on the shelf in the bathroom, there she is practicing yoga....every single day. Smart woman, Ms. Q-Tip.



She makes me look bad, though.




I just don't get it!! I swear, I know what's good for me; I know what to do......I've known for years. So the question is, why don't I get it done?




I've taken yoga for years now....off and on....and I know how good it feels. It feels great when you do it, it feels great when you're done, and you feel great all the rest of the time too. But I always do yoga sporatically.....a few months on, a lot of months off. And when I'm off doing it, I seize up, so to speak. Stiff. So the big question is, why don't I keep at it?




Lately I've been taking this class at the gym called "Centergy"....it's a yoga class that also involves powering up your core, quads, abs....actually all body parts. It's hard but I love it.




After taking this class for a few months I feel positively SWIVELY and I feel taller, or like I'm straighter. It's great! Mind-wise too.



I take this class once or twice a week and I know it would be even better if I did just a little bit each day at home. To feel the energy from this each day.



SO, I decided, OK, I can do just a little.....how about a Sun Salutation each day. It's a great body-tingler. And it doesn't take all that long, maybe 5 or 10 minutes.....not much for such a great feeling.




Three weeks later and how many times have I done the Sun Salutation? Not hard to count up, let's see, TWICE. Two times out of 21 opportunities. Geez Louise.




What is up with that? Why don't I do it? This makes absolutely NO sense!! Sure, I have other stuff to do....but gimme a break, it only takes 10 minutes.....at the most. WHY DON'T I DO IT!!!!



There are other things too. I KNOW what you should eat for optimum goodness (and holy light). Yes, yes, I know, veggies, fruits, protein, lots of water, whole grains, stuff like that. And for goodness sake, lay off the sugar, refined food, fat, cookies, cake, candy, french fries, potato chips, and ICE CREAM. Yes, pooh, all that good stuff.




I once ate purely and with goodness-sanctity for NINE months....felt great! Really, I felt like Wonder Woman.




But then along came that blame CHUNKY MONKEY and that was all she wrote in the eating-only-good-for-you-food department. Blast that Chunky Monkey!




And now I can't get back on the goodness train.....or do yoga everyday. Why-O-why?!!!



No comments: