Sunday, June 15, 2008

Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most!

I have misplaced a whole lot of things in my life, believe me, the list could fill volumes. I have recited ”St. Anthony, St. Anthony, please come down, something been lost and MUST be found”. This has worked many times, but I do get nervous he’s going to give up on me one of these days.

This passed Thursday, I had my panties all in a knot looking for a deposit slip. Oh, I was near tears, ranting on and on to Frank that I just need to stay focused and get organized. He was on his way out to the store and I’m sure was wondering if he should just keep on going and not come back. Lucky for him, when he returned I had found the darn thing. And once again I swore “I will stay on top of this stuff for now on!” HA, we’ll see about that!

As you know, I have a new red scooter. Well along with having to get out to buy a helmet, goggles and a safety vest, (oh boy, I’m sure my kids are going to disown me) I also needed to finish reading my Motorcycle Safety Manual, and go take the knowledge test. So Saturday morning I finished reading the booklet and got on the computer to take the practice test. Out of 25 questions I only got 2 wrong (and I think I was right and the test was wrong, but I won’t get into that). So off I go to take my test WOOWOO! I got there and first fumbled around in my purse for my drivers license (because I know I have one somewhere), find it, filled out the paper, passed the eye test and then went and passed the computer test (2 wrong again, but I didn’t know the answer this time). I go back to the man to write my check and get my permit. He is looking at the computer screen with this puzzled look on his face. Oh Shit, I bet he is looking at my speeding ticket and now I won’t be able to get my permit. He says, I never saw this code before, it says you have already applied for a motorcycle license? Now I am heading down the dark hole, OH MY GOD, did someone steal my identity and get a motorcycle license?? Now he’s telling me, he can’t get out of this on the computer so that he can start all over again and he turns around and calls over Mr. Man. Well then Mr. Man takes a look and says, “it says you already have one, let me see your license”. So I show Mr. Man my license. He looks at it, makes a funny face and says,” you already have a motorcycle license, see right here, the M!” Well, yes, there it is, an “M”, how about that, I guess I didn’t remember going for the motorcycle license before? Oh boy, now I am a whole lot more then a little embarrassed. So I say ok, thanks, grab my check and head for the door before Mr. Man decides I might not be fit for any kind of driver’s license period!


Oh, I was so right about the kids, when Robin saw me she asked "Mom, your not really going to ride around like that are you?" HAHA!! BEEP BEEP YOU LATER!!

1 comment:

Chattypatty said...

You are one cute lady on that scooter!! Hoho, I can't wait to see you driving that thing around town.

You also qualify as a charter member of the DITZ CLUB, Chris. What an honor!! And you have NO memory of getting the motorcycle permit?? Oh my, well, maybe you can be president of the group....