Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our Own MOAI...an album of Wag Falderal...More Fun than a Bowl 'O Pantyhose!

That'sa what I'm talkin' 'bout! Ellen helping Sue move to her downtown Lancaster abode with inspiration from Chris' wonderful art...we love those colorful women and that idea....ladies, let's dance!

I'm trying to get a new item up quick......that photo of the Bowl 'O Pantyhose has been up quite long enough! What would someone think if they stumbled upon this blog and found a bowl of pantyhose? Also, I want to see if I can put more than 5 photos up at one time. I've noticed that some blogs do that.....come on Wonderwags, you can do it!

I read this little snippet in an article about places where people live to be really, really old. I hope this is us....hobbling over to check to see if the other one has fallen down. haha! I like that! These women are over 100! Holy Mackeral, we've got lots of time for more fun ....


"Buettner found long-lived people have a sense of purpose and a strong support network. In Okinawa, women gather in social networks known as moais.
"Even at age 100, they're all getting together in their moai ... at 5 o'clock every day. They sit around, they drink a couple glasses of sake, they gossip, they talk about sex. If one doesn't show up to the afternoon gathering, the other four sort of hobble over to see if she's fallen down or if she needs help," Buettner said.
Women in Okinawa also tend to be spiritual leaders, which imbues them with a sense of purpose, or "ikigai," Buettner said."

Notice that these women are drinking SAKE.....Japanese rice wine, very potent....rather than tea. I think this is definitely a clue. Haha, these women are living so long because they know how to enjoy life. You go girls!

Rosetta's got the right idea!

I think Nancy's discovered the benefit of MOAI also.....





Terry is especially delighted to be part of a MOAI....



Even our Imaginary Friend Madame Fortune is enjoying the fun....



Recent Field Trips:

NYC Field Trip......






Philly Field Trip....Frida Kahlo....Nancy has her eyes closed again?!





Baltimore Field Trip....look close, Ellen, Amy, Fran and Carol ARE there!


Some recent celebrations:


I think this is the start of the BAND....whatever happened to that?! Maybe we can get together this summer for, you know, like, a few gigs....Nancy's Blast of a 5oth....





The Super-well documented Kathy Ross Kidnap and Birthday Celebration....

Just Fun Stuff.....

A continuation of Silliness...and a day of FEASTING and Competition....


And the winners are......


Beating the Winter Blahs.....


A WHOLE lot of silliness......

This is weird to have in this group of photos, but this is the photo I started with and I don't want to leave it out.....besides, I don't know how....

That's me, leaping into the future. No really, I went to Grounds for Sculpture with Anna and she had this bright idea to leap out under the Tori Gate Sculpture. I think it might be a sacreligious, I don't know, but when your 18 year old decides to have some fun, well, I just go along and enjoy that ride. I took a picture of her....got it right the VERY FIRST TIME. But, well, Anna's not used to my camera.....or maybe it has to do with my "hang" time. This is like, my 8th attempt at leaping (just ONE more time!), I finally made it into 'what's next' with my feet off the ground.......

1 comment:

Itsa Me said...

I did this once before and it didn't work, (maybe I forgot my password, that's hard to believe isn't it???)BUT, I will try again.

Pat these stories are all so wonderful, the plane story (I have seen these giant planes many times and I think my jaw drops every time) the parking guys, HAHA, and the canopy and the panty hose!! You are our very own Baily White, you keep going girl! I think I see a book of short stories in your future.