Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ellen's Garden Party and Assorted Other Good Times



















I like taking pictures and usually at any Wag event, I bring along the camera and catch people at their best.....or at least.....hahaha. Sometimes, though, I forget to bring the camera, or I get lazy, or I don't know, sometimes I feel like pointing my camera at someone and taking pictures is an intrusion. Also, I don't always want to be focused on recording a good time for the future, I just want to concentrate on having a good time right now. Does that make sense?

We've had a couple of events that I thought were wonderful that weren't recorded. Kathy's yoga night under the sky.....ah, so relaxing...and then good food and conversation al fresco. I love those lazy summer outdoor gatherings. The yoga was very cool, laying there, looking up, watching birds and planes go by. Taking time to notice the silhouette of the trees against the sky. Really, really nice, Kathy. We all needed that. Actually, as I recall, I think this event developed out of need. A need to have something to look forward to. I know my sagging spirits lifted when I saw Kathy's Yoga Night coming up out there on the horizon.

Another recent gathering....oh my!....at the Walker Estate needs to be shouted about. Holy mackeral, the GARDEN! Holy mackeral, the VIEW! from their deck! Holy mackeral, the great SAUSAGES! and other food. A night in June on the Walker deck overlooking the garden, with beautiful surroundings, great food, and even better company.....well, it's recorded in my memory as a superb and wonderful time. Thank you, Jono and Julia!

And that Ellen! Talk about gardens! Put the rest of us to shame, why don't cha?! Plant extravaganzas, oh my! Planter combinations, oh my! Whatever-it-was-we-had-to-drink, oh my! Cecille joining our group again, how good! and laughing, laughing, laughing, oh my! So sweet, Ellen.

No comments: