Wednesday, July 2, 2008

How I Spent My First Week of Summer

ALIEVE
Uses: temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
*arthritis *the common cold
*headache *toothache
*muscular aches *backache
*menstrual cramps
*motor scooter crash???

First week of the summer came in with a crash. Really! My new red scooter and I had an accident. I didn't even plan on riding it into work that Monday morning, but I started thinking, "I can do this". Ha, guess I COULDN”T!

I was at a stop sign at a “T” where the road had recently been oiled and chipped. No cars behind me and none coming either direction on the road I was turning onto. No pressure. Next I’m thinking, “Oh my God, I'm going to crash!" I lost it, my traction, my courage, control and MIND! There I was, flying through the Amish farmers wire fence. It happened so fast I’m not sure of the details. I got tangled in the wire causing me to turn completely around facing up the hill I just came down. There I was, in this peaceful field with these horses running to get quickly away from this “nut”, (picture me in helmet and goggles, a little scary I guess), while I'm thinking, hope they don’t bite! Shaky now, I jumped up and started working on getting the bike onto the kickstand to stop from rolling and untangling the wire fence from my handlebars. I need to get to my phone under the seat and get this helmet off my head so I can call Frank to come rescue this crash test dummie.

The farmer shows up and after I finish telling him how sorry I am for coming though his fence, he points to the swollen bumps on my legs and says, “dot’s gonna hurt”. Oh YEAH, dot was nothing compared to what hurt a few days later. Man did I feel like a dummy! The ONLY good thing was I managed to miss falling into the cow (or horse) pie!

Marcy says I need to get back on the scooter, and I will. I took horseback lessons as a kid, and after my first fall was consoled with “it takes 3 falls before you’re a “real” horsemen”. Hope the same doesn’t apply to scooters. For now I’m working on this darn summer virus that landed on me Wednesday and taking Alieve for these sore ribs and etc, etc. I also missed an opportunity to go scooter cruising with Clifford and the guy in the black top hat! BUMMER!

BEEP BEEP

1 comment:

Chattypatty said...

Oh Chris!!! I am SOOOO glad you didn't get killed....or worse! Whew, when I think of what you coulda done, going under that wire fence. YIKES! Sorry about the bumps and bruises....but I tell ya what....it makes a pretty good story. Glad the horses didn't eat you up too....Maybe we should just call you "Scooter" from now on....haha!