Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Snowmen on the Brain


I am so ready for the Snowman Caper that I'm about to BUST!
These are the cups for the Gluhwein. The hard part is making them so that the Snowman is not too cutsie. I tried to make these snowmen "tipsy", not "cutesy".

The later cups worked better as I got into the stride of it. A little more leaning and a little funkier.


These snowmen are in progress on the windowsill. I make these saltmen.....and women of course....every year. I don't quite know why I like them so much. They still need their scarves.
Haha, the first batch of "snow".....just salt and cornstarch and water.....turned YELLOW! Oh no!, can't have yellow snow! I have no clue what happened there. There were no small snowman-sized dogs around.


A few of last year's batch. They've got attitude don't you think?
If it doesn't snow this winter, I'm pretty sure I'll explode.......maybe we can truck in some snow?



No comments: