Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chocolate Makes You Happy!....My Neighbor's Shoes

We all know this......of course!



A smelling station at the Ritter Sport Chocolate Museum. Push a button and the smell comes out. How cool is that!


Ritter Sport makes the best! Something like 31 flavors. These displays are everywhere...grocery stores, drugstores. This is on the paper-goods floor of a variety store.



The selection at the Ritter Sport Museum......a really, really cool chocolate AND art museum.




Found at a Beitigheim quilt exhibit.....a quilt made from Ritter Sport wrappers.





One panel of the quilt.....





What happens when Ritter Sports Chocolate Bars go on sale!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I mentioned about moving my 12-year-old next door neighbor's shoes around. His family's shoes were lined up between their door and the elevator which was next to our door in the apartment we lived in. I can't tell you how much fun this was. Small simple thing, big happiness return.


I would move the chocolate brown, high-topped, fur-lined sneakers about in the hall, or tip them in a funny way, or mix them in with his other shoes. Since, originally, the shoes were all lined up perfectly, pair by pair in the hall, the resulting asymetry was quite obvious.

At first I was a little cautious about doing this. I didn't want to cause mayhem to the order in the hall.

But then my neighbor started moving his shoes in funny places and tipping them in funny ways too.....sort of in answer to my gesture.

I once met him in the hall and we exchanged huge grins....we both knew what was going on.

Steve and I had a chair with a little cushion on it out in the hall, and a mat to put shoes on. I'm not sure why, but we never left our shoes out there. I guess that's the American way, there really was no reason, although now I wish we'd done that to give him more raw material to work with.

A week before I left, I noticed, though, that our chair had been moved onto the mat. I can't tell you what a thrill this was to get this little "hello-back-at-cha" from my young neighbor. A couple of times the cushion rode up funny in the back of the chair and I always got a smile to my day from this little "hi".

Once we were coming out the door and our neighbor was there with his girlfriend and they jumped a mile.....almost caught in the act of moving our chair we think.

Now that I'm home, I'm sad to have no shoes to move around. This was great fun, trying to play a little trick on someone I didn't even know. And then having them reciprocate.

I did leave him a note with his shoes when I left, telling him how much fun I had and how I was glad that he took up the game too.

Oh, and I left him a couple of Ritter Chocolate Bars too, one on each of the toes of his shoes. I know he'll like that, cause, yeah, chocolate......and moving your neighbor's shoes around.....these things make you happy.






My favorite kinds......







No comments: