Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Typical German Family

Isn't this just the greatest poster? It's actually an ad for getting a Ubahn (train, tram) ticket, a family ticket, I'm guessing. You see it everywhere a train might go....and inside the train too.

From my observation, it seems like families must be pretty much the same everywhere......in that there's such a diversity......that you can't really catagorize them. But some things always seem to be same......

Little kids run round and round their parents' legs and like to hide and then be found.

Oh! OCheck Spellingne thing I forgot to mention about the other day, talking about the "Hoo-lay Sisters". At some point in the train trip, they were lip-trumpeting "Jingle Bells". In March. Only with their lips. I loved that. Everybody remembers flubber-lip Lip-Trumpets, right? That was before all the "Hoo-lay" business.

Mid-range kids are hootin' and hollarin' and carryin' on, playing jokes, shrieking in high decibles when the bell rings them in from recess and the playground. I always love going by Lititz El when the kids are out on the playground. I've heard several schools here.....the sounds....no different. All good. Mostly.

I was at the Ubahn stop the other day and there were three young teenage girls. Same young-girl teenager moves as you see in the US. Same D.R.A.M.A. I even know exactly what they were saying,


"Can you BELIEVE......?"


"And then SHE said......"


"And then I said......"


"And then I said....."


"And he was like SO, like......"


"Can you BELIEVE my mom won't let me......."


"I know, my parents are SO lame!"


etc., etc. etc..........

All wearing their Converse All Stars and trying to be cool. Yeah, everyone in Stuttgart from about the age of 12 to.....hmmm.....to "Gotta Get Serious" wears those All Stars. There are whole stores just for that kind of shoe. You've probably seen them in the US too.

And the boys, well, they're the same world-wide too. That middle teenage age....the Boy-Slouch age. The Grunt-Talk age. Some of them with pants so big they gotta walk funny to keep 'em up.....walking like they just got off the horse.

But even the boys with the regular pants, nah, they don't talk much either....if at all. Everything is just so BORING, especially if they're with their parents, even to think about it is boring. Sleepy-Slouchy eyes, don't even want to look it's so boring. Ho hum.

So yeah, everywhere, even an ocean apart, it's the same.


This is another fun poster......I think the LUST is over meat and sausages.....and cheese. There might be some Lust for eggs too. I'm not sure what the "DeliKates" is all about.


There was a poster that I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of....it was there for weeks on the trolley, now it's GONE. I'm so sad......but imagine this:

There's a young woman with mid-length, curly, dyed-red hair and she's in a hot pink short-sleeved, turtle-necked sweater. She's pulled the neckline of the sweater up over her face with her fists to her hairline. Her hair is spilling out over the top of the sweater. The words on the poster read,
"I shame me so for my English!"
I can identify with that. But I admire her! She's strung together seven words and I even know exactly what she's talkin' 'bout. Good for her!


No comments: