Wednesday, March 5, 2008

2 BURNING Questions!

I have 2 burning questions.....and yes, this is a trick to get folks to come to the blog, but really, truly, I do want answers....or....or....or, tomorrow this comes out in e-mail!

QUESTION # 1: MOJO, exactly what is it.....but even more and especially important, is it only a male thing or can women also possess MOJO? (No fair going to the dictionary...this is an impression question)

QUESTION # 2: How sad are you that Brett Favre is retiring?

I think much of my perception of MOJO comes from Austin Powers and I'm not sure Austin Powers counts as an accurate cultural portrayal.

I'm super sad that Brett is retiring. I loved Green Bay as a kid and so still have a soft spot in my heart for that team....I mean, really, playing football up there in the frozen tundra! And all those fans with cheeses on their heads. Plus, my nephew looks just like a 10-year-old Brett Favre. Really! I'm gonna be super sad to watch that football team and NOT be able to say, "Wow, can you believe how much Tristan looks just like Brett Favre!!" We always say it, every time. I'm gonna miss that a lot!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think MOJO is like your energy ... or is it vodoo? I don't know! I prefer Mohitos myself.

Anonymous said...

I've checked... but couldn't find it at all!
Mohitos are better!
In Spanish, mojo is street language to indicate Arabs...

KC said...

OK, ChattyPatty -- Ya got me here to the blog -- but if you post a picture of me I swear I will never chat with you again!!!

Anonymous is right -- I asked my English major turned prison psychologist husband -- ("Hey -- I liked working there, every guy had a story to tell!")
Anyway, he said that mojo is magic or voodoo (comes from the Gullah language -- kind of a pigeon english spoken on Gullah island off the coast of North Carolina). See why I never play TRivial Pursuit with him!!

KC said...

Actually, CP, I am so glad we're neighbors!
My frig is just like yours!
Loved the Falafel Ball Song! But your girls are right -- you are NUTS!!!!

Chattypatty said...

My GIRLS said I was nuts? Uh-oh!
This is pretty serious. I'm trying to figure out how I can still do this and have my girls think I'm, like, the saintly authority figure that they've always known me as.

Awwwww, KC, I've got just the BEST photo of you, certainly you won't mind?!!

Anonymous said...

As the late, great Muddy Waters sang..." I got my mojo woikin'..."
It can be a woman thang too, you know, like when everything's goin' right. That confident feeling you get when you catch the bank over-charging you!