Wednesday, March 5, 2008

One More Costco Purchase and a Falafel Ball Song

OK, everything is so so and really QUIET and grumpily DREARY here this morning that I'm trying to rev up some interest .....and..... avoid going down to the basement.....possibly the second reason being the dominant one....BUT, I felt that this was a very enlightening photo. You can get an idea of the size of this huge CAN of Tuna by it's comparison with a regular size can.

I bought this giant CAN of tuna....along with the 98! falafel balls....when I went to Costco the other day. This gi-normous CAN of tuna is 4 lbs. 2 1/2 oz. Whoa! What was I thinking you might ask! And rightly so. Well, first off, I thought a jumbo CAN of tuna was super hilarious. Then, my daughter, Ariel, has that name which brings mermaids to mind. She hates the whole "Under da Sea" connnection, so of course, the rest of us love it...hahaha. I got this gigundo CAN for her birthday......maybe put some thought clouds on it, a few speech bubbles. But, she won't be here for her birthday. Really, now, what kind of idiot would send this 4 lb. massive CAN of tuna through the mail? So this mountainous CAN of tuna sits on my kitchen counter....I get a laugh out of it everytime I see it. And I wonder, just how enormous that TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE made from this bulky CAN of tuna would be. Oh my! (yes, I did have to go to the thesaurus for the last couple of synonyms....but only to save time, mind you)

I ate 2, a mere drop in the bucket, of those Costco falafel balls the other day. That leaves 96! falafel balls still in the freezer! These 98!, well now 96!, falafel balls have become quite the joke at our house. What in the heck WAS I thinking when I put them in that cart? (well, actually, EASY LUNCH...but only if you REALLY like falafel balls!) We have decided that we can start singing that "98 bottles of beer on the wall" song about those falafel balls. It's a little awkward but here goes:

98! Falafel Balls in the fridge, 98! falafel balls,
Take 2 out,
Eat 'em up,
96! Falafel Balls in the fridge!

Everybody, sing along now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I bought the falaful balls thinking easy meal. I am tring to think of otherways to use then and mellow the taste

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I bought the falaful balls thinking easy meal. I am tring to think of otherways to use then and mellow the taste