Saturday, March 1, 2008

Laying down the Foundation

OH MY, this is truly exciting!....my heart is actually thumping hard! After sending e-mail.....at least one.....everyday for the past year or so, I've decided to start a BLOG. I'm not even sure I know exactly what this is, except for you, YOU can chose to read this or not and I won't be clogging your e-mail in-boxes on such a regular basis. This seems like a GOOD thing! I would rather make this a group......Wagholter....effort, but I'm not sure how to do that just yet. A blog can be updated and changed....I'll see what I can find out about that. Also, this can be a permanent thing so all the photos we've been sending can be saved without filling up your e-mail boxes. I hope this works to scratch my itch...and you can come and go (or not) as you please. Weehaa!


Here we go. Let's try to add a photo....the Soup Contest Winners.....




Well, after much ado and panic! (and some help from Lucy), the photo is in place....ha....and where I want it. Unfortunately, you can't read the bubbles, but oh well. It goes something like, Terry is using her Costco recipe next time, Nancy has to keep making soup til she wins, dammit, Marcy is singing opera....lalalala, I won, I won, I won!...lala....Deb, hmmmm, I can't remember, and Margie is contemplating using her ladle as a weapon.
Oh just one more thing.....the name, Chatty Patty, is an affectionate name my kids call me. I used to despise the name Patty when I was growing up and would get really grumpy if anyone used it, but I love how they joke me with it, so that's that. Bye, bye!!

13 comments:

Chattypatty said...

Does this work....?

mcsouth 5 said...

PAT! I am so proud of you!! A BLOG!? Me thinks you can't claim to have a technological deficit any longer!! You rock!!

Jessica

Itsa Me said...

GOOD GRIEF, after going round and round the signing up part (password to short, e-mails don't match) now I see I'm in "Contributors" and I don't know how I got there. I don't know what that means? I don't see mcsouth 5 there?? Any O way, very good Pat, I am very impressed. I LOVE the picture! I think if Margie had to stand there one more minute she just might have bopped poor old Marcy on the head again! Marcy you are the queen soup bitch for the year...ENJOY your powers!!

Chattypatty said...

Chris, I think if you're in the "contributor" list, you can post your very own posts. You don't always have to do it as a comment to something I've said. You can have your very own title, put in photos that you want, send stuff from You-tube, etc.

MommaK said...

Boy, that was not easy! But now I can add comments to all those MSN things where they ask your opinion.

Itsa Me said...

Now we have all these new BLOGGER names so who is momak Deb?

Itsa Me said...

Or Kate???

spinup said...

First, I want to congratulate Pat on her BLOG. It is a great idea, and you already have a picture, how great.

Second,that picture just happens to have the reigning soup champion in it. I can't think of a better picture to have as the first one. What more can I say, except most times "pretty works".


Third, I have finally signed up to be comment person (obviously). I have quite a handful of blogs that I read regularly, but this is my first contribution! Yee Ha it's fun. peace

mtd

nancy said...

now where did me clever comment go?
hmmmmmm....


i liked the high five story too
can i read it here sometime?


well congrats there Pat on your adventures in cyber space
goin ta bed now to dream of blogs
zzzzzzblogzzzzzzzzzblogzzzzzzblogzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzblog blog blog

nancy

Chattypatty said...

Thank you so much for going round and round to sign up! I feel honored that you all took the time to figure it out and posted, actually did it. Very cool. A note to Nancy and anyone else...I don't think you need a fancy-smancy blog name. I was just copying their example (VERY closely and with held breath) and that's why I didn't just use my reg. name. I didn't even think about the simplicity of that!

Ellen Roth said...

what's up with the nicknames?

Chattypatty said...

Ellen, I really don't know what the nicknames are all about. I just know that when I was setting this up, my heart was racing, I was holding my breath, and copying everything exactly as they led me to do....in hopes of not screwing up. and they used nicknames, so, of course, so did I. Silly really!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big8.jpg[/img][/url]

בית מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] גדולים אנו מציעים שירותי אירוח מיוחדים כמו כן ישנו במקום שירות חדרים המכיל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]ארוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מפתיעים אשר מוגשות ישירות לחדרכם...

לפרטים נא גשו לאתר האינטרנט שלנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]