Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Love Chinese Take-Out

They have Chinese Take-Out and they love it too.....
For the past two weeks, I've been noticing all these people in the Schlossplatz with Chinese-Take-Out. I mean, here we are, in this very Baroque and Classical Old-World-Charm-Coming-Out-the-Wazoo-Plaza, and there are all these people with little white cartons with cheery red pagodas and letters filled with Chinese food. It seems so odd, so weird, so very out of place and time. But......where are all these little cartons coming from?


I've strolled up and down the 8 block Konigstrasse, the pedestrian walking, shopping, street-performer-performing, and eating street and have seen kebap stands, coffee shops, pretzel huts, and even McDonalds and Pizza Hut.....but no Chinese Take-Out.
I know it's gotta be here somewhere. Yesterday when I was hangin' 'round the platz, it was late...about 4:30 and there were only 3 other groups. I had coffee, but the other 3 groups ALL had Chinese Take-Out.....3 out of 4........75%! I'm finding this place!


Oh Eureka! Here it is, INSIDE the building. This place does a whopping business! I mean long lines that go fast. All those folks eating Chinese Take-Out in the plaza.....ha! That's just the TIP of the ICEBERG!



Benches and tables filled with Chinese Take-Out lovers. The more adventurous are using chopsticks. The less adventurous, but more practical are using plastic forks.
I saw one woman going up the escalator and eating from her carton at the same time!




My young high-school friends visiting from Wales.....




People from other cultures think it's wonderful....






Even criminals like the guy on the left.....and his cheerful buddies....they all eat Chinese Take-Out....




Everyone in the WORLD loves Chinese Take-Out....




And me, I'm happy as a clam that I finally found it!














No comments: