Thursday, February 19, 2009

Scenes of Stuttgart

I set out to find the Chinese Garden.....on Panoramastrasse....so of course, the view below was amazing. Inside was very quiet and peaceful.


By virtue of following the "Go Up All Steps" rule, I found this little fortification on an outcropping overlooking the city. I got there, just by luck, at noon, on a very warm day. Suddenly all the churchbells in the valley started to chime......first one, then another, then another. I sat on a bench, closed my eyes and felt the sun, and listened to the noontime chiming down below from all directions. Ten minutes of warmth and glorious sound......



A view down Konigstrasse, the main pedestrian walkway in the city. I don't usually like the severe cutting-style of pollared trees, but here the trees have a very sculptural quality, little starbursts of limbs against the sky.



The Art Museum......the glass cube. Very cool building.




There it is.....the Tea House. Somehow I missed a turn and now I'm above it.....how to get down there?....





Found it!






Another little stone fortification above the city.....








No comments: